How to Sell A Car to A Dealership?
How does selling your car to a dealership work? Most dealers in Cortland have some sort of a buyback program or will buy your car when you come in to buy a new vehicle. This is helpful because you can save money on your next vehicle purchase, or you can take the offer without buying another vehicle. Whichever you choose, you can learn how to sell a car at a dealership and what to expect when you go in to sell with Apostolakis Honda below.
How to Sell A Car At A Dealership
How does selling your car to a dealership work? Selling your car to a Boardman dealership is an easier process than you would think. Here are the details:
- Clean Up Your Car: A clean, detailed car and new parts like windshield wipers or floor mats are a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Keeping a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. This can give you a base number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to pay for your car.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most Youngstown dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
Can You Sell Your Car at A Dealership: The Steps
After preparing your car for sale, this is how to sell a car to a dealership:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Can I Sell My Car to a Dealership: The Benefits
How does selling your car to a dealership work, and what are the benefits of doing so:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: If you can sell your car to a dealership, you’re able to avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Warren home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Apostolakis Honda, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Can I Sell My Car to A Dealership? Yes! Come to Apostolakis Honda!
Trading in or selling your vehicle at Apostolakis Honda of Cortland is a great way to save on your next vehicle purchase or put some extra cash in your pocket. Contact our finance center to learn more about how to sell your car to a dealership, or stop by today and talk to one of our sales representatives!