How to Prep Your Car For Summer
The summer months are finally in full swing in Warren and beyond! People everywhere are getting outside, enjoying the fresh air, and hitting the road for summer road trips. Although winter is a uniquely difficult time for drivers, requiring extensive car prep to stay safe on the road, summer has a few of its own challenges to be aware of. The service team at Apostolakis Honda has assembled a guide detailing how to prep your car for summer weather, so you can have peace of mind all the way until autumn – check it out!
Five Ways to Prep Your Car For Summer
Here are five essential ways to make sure your car is ready for the summer months in Boardman. Some of these tips involve prep for the hotter weather, while others are more geared towards recovering from the cold winter months! Check out the list below:
- Check the AC: The air conditioner is possibly the most important system in your car during the summer months, so the last thing you want is for it to break on you. Have your AC inspected by a service technician to make sure it’s running in top condition before the weather gets punishingly hot.
- Check your brakes: This may not sound like a summer-related bit of maintenance, but your brake pads are actually very susceptible to seasonal temperature changes. Even if you live in a part of the country where the temperature doesn’t change dramatically between winter, spring, and summer, it’s a good idea to get your brakes checked out.
- Change your wipers: If you live in an area that gets harsh winter weather such as lots of ice and snow, your wipers will have been working overtime to keep your windshield clear. Now that the weather has heated up, it’s a good idea to get your wipers switched out.
- Check your tires: If you have seasonal tires, be sure to swap out your winter tires for summer ones. If you use all-season tires, you should inspect them to make sure there are no bubbles or signs of uneven wear on the treads.
- Get a car wash: Winter weather also brings unnecessary debris and general wear and tear to your vehicle, so it’s a good idea to get it washed once the weather heats up.
Summer Car Maintenance Tips
Once you’ve prepared your car for the hot weather, there are some ways you can keep it running in top condition all throughout the summer. Here are a few key summer car maintenance tips:
- Keep your fluids topped off: An engine can overheat in any weather condition, but it’s particularly vulnerable during the summer months. Keeping your coolant, oil, battery fluid, and brake fluid regularly topped off is a good way to fend off heat-related car trouble.
- Regularly wash and wax your car: Hot weather can prematurely peel or damage the paint on your car, so it’s good to stick to a regular schedule of washing and waxing over the summer.
- Cover up your car: If you leave your car out in direct sunlight all day, not only will you feel like you’re boiling to death as soon as you step inside, but the interior and exterior may suffer excessive sun damage. A good solution is to keep your car parked inside the garage or covered with a tarp during the day.
- Stock up on road trip supplies: Just as you should stock up on blankets, a de-icer, and chains if you take a long road trip in the winter, there are certain seasonal things you should keep in your car for summer road trips. If you’re planning on hitting the road during hot months, be sure to bring a battery-powered fan, lots of water, and a cooler with ice packs.
Enjoy the Summer Months with Apostolakis Honda!
Looking for fun summer activities in the Youngstown area? Contact our office! We at Apostolakis Honda pride ourselves on our connection to the Cortland community, and summer is a wonderful time of year over here. You can also check out our other service tips and tricks for more ways to keep your car running in top condition on the road.
More from Apostolakis Honda
If you’re searching for a fuel-efficient SUV in Warren, the 2023 Honda Pilot is an excellent choice. With its impressive MPG ratings, this Honda vehicle is designed to keep you on the road for longer, whether you’re commuting around Boardman or embarking on a road trip. At Apostolakis Honda, we’re here to provide you with…
The Honda Pilot design is both sleek and functional, with a modern look that makes it stand out on the Warren and Boardman roads. With its sculpted lines and aerodynamic shape, the Pilot is both stylish and efficient. From the bold front grille to the rear spoiler, every detail has been carefully crafted to…
The 2023 Honda Pilot is a stylish and versatile midsize SUV that offers an array of features and options. One of the most exciting aspects of the Pilot is the wide range of color options available for both the exterior and interior. Whether you prefer a bold and eye-catching hue or a more understated…